Sunday, November 27, 2016

Prompt 5

BY: CHE

The Michigan State school of social work is one of big communities in the social work field and the biggest campus organization for social work majors/interests. For students who are both majoring and interested in the social work field, their website is a huge resource and a great guideline.

The way they represent themselves to the public varies in lots of different ways. For example, one) they come to classes that are related to social work and introduce organizations that students can join, two) they hold lots of events that are related to social work and help students to find opportunities they can get more involved in this field, etc.

I've been participating in one of the outside organizations. It was introduced by method example one; they come to classes that are related to social work and introduce organizations that students can join. I thought the organization that the person introduced was interesting and is a lot like what social workers do, so I joined. Once I joined, I could really see what social workers do on daily basis and have real life experiences that are strongly related to social work practice.

What I've observed from the outside of this community is that this field looks mentally exhausting because of all the emotions that social workers would go through almost every day. Then when I actually joined the community, I realized my guess was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment