Monday, October 3, 2016

2 Important Steps For Self Love

BY: TORI
    Self-love is important to living well. It influences who you pick for a mate, the image you project at work, and how you cope with the problems in your life. It is so important to your welfare that I want you to know how to bring more of it into your life.

    Many people like myself don’t really know where to start when in come to "self love" or even reaching the potential to do so.
So with some research I came across an article that gives you "a seven-step prescription to self love" I chose to pick the most important 2 that I feel will work the best.  

Step One: "Protect yourself. Bring the right people into your life. I love the term “frenemies” that I learned from my younger clients. It describes so well the type of "friends" who take pleasure in your pain and loss rather than in your happiness and success." 

Step two: Set boundaries. You'll love yourself more when you set limits or say no to work, love, or activities that deplete or harm you physically, emotionally and spiritually, or express poorly who you are.


Deborah Khoshaba Psy.D, F.M, (2012, March 27th)"a seven-step prescription to self love" I chose to pick the most important 2 that I feel will work the best. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/get-hardy/201203/seven-step-prescription-self-love

3 comments:

  1. The message being put out here is very important. The idea of boundaries is something that everybody needs to understand when it comes to self love, especially when you are setting boundaries against things that harm you physically, or more likely, mentally. While this is already a very good post, I feel it could benefit from the author elaborating their own views on the two steps that were described. Other than that, great post and overall great blog, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate the words of encouragement.!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, I really appreciate the words of encouragement.!

      Delete